In August, Veodesign celebrates its one year of full-time activity. Although we did create our small studio back in 2007, it was not until summer 2011 that we dove in head first on a full-time basis. During the past year, we faced many problems, many joys and learned many lessons. We would like to share some of the most memorable moments with you, dear readers, supporters, prospects and clients.
The major events and achievements that shaped 2011-2012 for us:
- The creation of Veodesign’s Blog: As we embarked this adventure which began August 1st of last year, we redesigned the whole website to include a new blog section, something we had already been considering for a couple of years but previously did not have time to dedicate to. A year after its redesign, Veodesign.com receives between 125-150 unique visitors each day, most of which can be attributed to the blog. Free resources, design tips, freelancing advice as well as technology reviews are the most popular topics.
- Great new clients: We had the opportunity to work with new clients during this last year, forging working relationships which gave birth to amazing projects such as Cartier Général, Caisse Solidaire Desjardins and Pro-Jet Démolition, to name only three of the most recent.
- MMTWO: Remember Montreal Meets II, the biggest design event in Montreal, Canada? We had the opportunity to help François Hoang, the founder, with the promotion of his event and attended the great conference which was a raging success. Being part of such an amazing happening was both exciting and rewarding. We are looking forward to helping with the next conference next year.
- Embracing HTML5: All the websites we have built during the last year were done using HTML5 and all respected the W3 Standards. We are proud and plan to keep on coding like ninjas in 2012-2013 as well!
- Learning Responsive Web Design: In 2012, we started learning to apply responsive web design principles. With Caisse Solidaire Desjardins, we had the chance to tackle those new practices in the field but we definitely plan on pushing it further.
- Luminescent: Although it is a very recent project, we have lots of hope for the growth of Luminescent into a positive designer shop with items like T-Shirts, prints and accessories. Keep an eye on on our little baby this year!
And so ends this short list of great events and projects that shaped our first year of full-time operation, and our 5th year of overall activity. We are very grateful for all the clients who hired us to improve their branding, website and/or to give birth to whole new projects. We are also grateful of all the support we received from readers, friends and fans from all over the world. We made it and it’s also thanks to you. We can only hope we will keep on meeting incredible people like you on our second year of full-time activity, as well as for the years to come.